Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement sensor access, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Instructor] Our next step is to add in…the RPi.SenseHat library,…but there's one little tweak I want to make…to the log-writing, because this worked just great when…we wrote one line to the log.…However, you see that logFolder.GetFile?…That means each time, it's going to open it up…and write it over again,…so you'd end up with a log file with only one line.…The IORecipes had an additional method here…that I want to go ahead and use.…Which is called WriteStringToFileWithAppendOption…and then we come back here on the end and say true,…and that means it appends,…so our log file grows as you would expect it to.…
All right, now.…Let's go get the RPi.Sense library.…Download it from GitHub,…pull the appropriate things into our project.…And we'll download that zip.…There it is, extract.…And then what we want,…we need the RPi.SenseHat project,…and the RTIMULibCS project.…So we'll select the two of those, we'll copy them.…We'll come back to our folder here,…and we'll right-click and paste those in here.…
There we go.…Then we'll come back to Visual Studio, add...…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.