Access Local Group Policy settings in the Local Group Policy Editor. Explore options for end users including password requirements and other safety options.
- [Instructor] The Local Group Policy Editor … offers a place to configure rules for End users. … In this movie, we'll explore the security related settings … for password requirements in account lockout. … Type gpedit.msc to open the Local Group Policy Editor. … Note the two sections, Computer Configuration … and User Configuration. … Settings you configure in the former … will apply to the computer, … and settings you configure in the latter … will apply to the user. … I'd like to configure security settings … for this Windows computer so I'll drill down … through Computer Configurations to Windows Settings … and to Security Settings. … From here, I'll click Account Policies … and then Password Policy … Notice there are six settings, … the first one that I want to talk about … is the Maximum Password Age … You'll notice it's preset to 42 days. … This means that every 42 days, … a user is required to reset their password. … If you want to change that to something … more or less than six weeks, which is what 42 days is, …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.