Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement firmware update, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Instructor] The last thing we're going to talk about…is Firmware update,…and there's a number of different options.…Your device, so you want to be able to upload new versions,…but you may also want to have a backup copy…of your application on the device for a factory restore.…You can imagine a situation…where something's gone wrong in your data files,…and you really want to restore it back to the factory state,…but you want your user to be able to do that…without having to connect it up to some other machine.…So you may think about if you have more than one button,…for example, with our joystick we really can't do it,…but you might be able to do something…by simply detecting something like having the enter key…held down when you boot the device.…
If you have more than one button,…you might want to consider a number of custom boot options.…In the last IoT project I worked on,…during our development phase we had a number…of different configurations depending upon…which of our multiple buttons…were being held down at boot up,…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.