- Differentiate between risks and threats.
- Explain how to avoid worms and viruses.
- Define cookies, and explain how they preserve user information.
- Cite the differences between public and private key encryption.
- Identify ways to minimize the attack surface.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Lisa] Everyday we interact with our digital devices to shop, search, bank, and communicate with others. At the same time, we're faced with the threat of cyber attacks that can compromise our privacy and security. By reviewing the effects of malware on a system, we'll see some of the strategies malicious actors use to get into your system. Then we'll take a look at safe browsing techniques and help you decide what type of cookies to accept. We'll finish with an overview of mobile and wireless security and cover some best practices to secure your devices and applications. You'll have a better understanding of how to keep you and your family safe from cyber threats. Hello, I'm Lisa Bock, and I'm a security ambassador. Are you ready? Let's get started.
1. Core Security Principles
2. Understanding Malware
3. Getting Into Your System
4. Investigating Internet Security
5. Mobile and Wireless Security
6. Secure Devices and Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.