Introducing the amazing Cortana, Windows 10 new search tool! You can search your computer, set reminders, do calculations, get directions, and use your voice to do it all. In this video you will lean how to use Cortana to execute commands to search and execute a number of helpful commands.
- [Instructor] In this video we are going to cover…Windows new search tool Cortana.…In addition to having the same search functions…as the Start menu,…Cortana can do math functions,…set reminders, search the web, and more.…Your Cortana window is located…to the right of the Start menu…and has the text Ask me anything.…To search Cortana simply click in the box…and start typing.…I can type in lynda…and the search results will appear.…Likewise, I can type in…five…times…100,…and notice,…there's a built in calculator in Cortana as well.…
What really makes Cortana stand out…is the ability to do voice commands.…On the right side of the window…you will see a small microphone icon.…Simply click on that and start speaking.…For example, I wanna open up Notepad.…All I have to do is click on the microphone and say…open Notepad.…And I can do that for any application.…I can also ask Cortana to set a reminder that will pop up…when the time comes.…I will click on the microphone and say…set reminder for project meeting tomorrow at 3pm.…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts