Many of today’s PCs, especially laptop PCs, include a technology called Bluetooth. Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology, mostly used to reduce the use of wires. You’re probably familiar with this technology in the form of bluetooth headsets that many people use to talk on their mobile phones. But bluetooth is also used for many other types of devices, including computer mice and keyboards. Especially if you regularly use a laptop PC, you’ll probably want to consider purchasing and using an external mouse and possibly a keyboard. This video explains how to connect a Bluetooth mouse and other Bluetooth devices to your computer.
- [Voiceover] Many of today's PCs, especially laptop PCs…include a technology you've probably heard of…called Bluetooth.…Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology…mostly used to reduce the need for wires.…You're probably familiar with this technology…in the form of Bluetooth headsets…that many people use to talk on their mobile phones.…But Bluetooth is also used for many other types of devices…including computer mice and keyboards.…Especially if you regularly use a laptop PC,…you'll probably wanna consider purchasing and using…an external mouse and possibly a keyboard.…Of course you can purchase wired versions of these devices…that plug in to your computer's USB ports,…but for a little more money,…you can eliminate the wires…and use a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard.…
In either case, you'll probably find it…easier to use a real mouse and keyboard…for extended periods of time,…over the laptop's built-in trackpad and keyboard.…Even if your PC doesn't have Bluetooth included,…you can buy Bluetooth adapters…to add that functionality to your computer.…
Interested in Mac computers? Check out Garrick's companion course, Computer Literacy for Mac.
- What is a computer?
- Purchasing a laptop vs. desktop
- Understanding files and folders
- Opening and saving files
- Working with software
- Setting up printers and Bluetooth devices
- Connecting to networks to go online
- Setting up email
- Receiving and sending email
- Searching the web
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Computers
2. Getting Started
3. Software and Applications
4. Computer Peripherals
5. Networks and Getting Online
7. Web Browsing and Searching
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.