During the course of your day-to-day managing of the files and folders on your computer, you’ll most likely come across items that you no longer need. If you really don’t need a copy of a file anymore, you should move it to your Recycle Bin, represented by the little recycling bin icon, in the upper left corner of your desktop. This video details how to both move unwanted files to the recycle bin, as well as how to remove them if you change your mind, and how to permanently delete files as well.
- During the course of your day-to-day managing…of the files and folders on your computer,…you'll most likely come across items…that you no longer need.…If you really don't need a copy of a file any more,…you should move it to your Recycle Bin,…represented by the little recycling-bin icon…here in the upper left-hand corner of the desktop.…Also here on my desktop,…I have the to-do list that I created in a previous movie,…which I don't need anymore.…All I have to do to get rid of it…is to drag it to the Recycle Bin.…Notice the Recycle Bin's icon has changed…to look like paper has been thrown in the bin.…Which is a nice visual indication…that there are items in your system trash.…
Now, just like with the real trash can…that sits by your feet at your real desk,…you can still retrieve files…that you've thrown in the Recycle Bin…as long as you haven't emptied it.…Which we'll look at it in just a moment.…To see the contents of the Recycle Bin,…just double-click it.…So you can see my to-do list…is still sitting here safe and sound.…
Interested in Mac computers? Check out Garrick's companion course, Computer Literacy for Mac.
- What is a computer?
- Purchasing a laptop vs. desktop
- Understanding files and folders
- Opening and saving files
- Working with software
- Setting up printers and Bluetooth devices
- Connecting to networks to go online
- Setting up email
- Receiving and sending email
- Searching the web
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Computers
2. Getting Started
3. Software and Applications
4. Computer Peripherals
5. Networks and Getting Online
7. Web Browsing and Searching
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.