HoloLens development relies on an open-source project known as the HoloToolkit. Learn what this script library includes, and why you should use it to develop HoloLens apps.
- [Instructor] Here we are in the same project…Dennis had opened in the previous video.…At this point I'm going to import the HoloToolkit…that I had you download earlier.…To add the Toolkit to your project,…you want the unity ID open and you're going to select assets.…And then go to import package, custom package,…and find that location and this the HoloToolkit Unity 1.5.5…that I had.…
It's going to start decompressing now.…The reason I'm doing this is because…I want to add some more advance features to Dennis's project…and the same time I want to show you what the HoloToolkit…is all about.…Remember the HoloToolkit is a collection of open source code…that helps you access HoloLens capabilities.…It provides helper classes and higher classes…for common mixed reality tasks.…You can go ahead and import everything…and it's going to decompress it…and add it to your assets folder.…This is going to add two new folders to your project.…
One of them is the HoloToolkit's scripts,…which really gives you all the power.…And the second one is really just helpful,…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.