If you want to clear space on the taskbar, you can hide the Cortana button, the Task View button, or the Windows Search field.
- [Instructor] You can free up space on the taskbar … by removing Windows Search, the Cortana button, … or the Task View button. … There's a big white search field in the taskbar, … which will open up Windows Search. … The button with the circle on it … will open up Cortana. … And the button next to that is for Task View. … Be aware, if you are using Windows 10 … before the May 2019 feature update, … Cortana and Windows Search are both … contained together in the white search field. … Right-click on the taskbar. … To remove the Cortana button, … uncheck Show Cortana Button. … To remove the Task View button, … uncheck Show Task View Button. … Those buttons are no longer in the taskbar. … Right-click the taskbar again and go to Search. … Choose Show Search Icon. … That shrinks the search field … to a smaller button. … To completely remove the search option, … right-click the taskbar again, … go to Search, and choose Hidden. … You can put these back later, if you want. … But with Task View, Cortana, …
- Using multiple workspaces
- Increasing contrast and inverting colors
- Modifying the taskbar
- Managing files
- Removing preloaded apps and tiles
- Disabling notifications for specific apps
- Drawing a route in Maps
- Adjusting system settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Interface Tips
2. Modify the Taskbar
Hide the taskbar33s
3. File Management Tips
Zip and unzip files1m 23s
4. Working with Apps
5. System Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.