Choose the appropriate processor speed and architecture, amount of system memory, available hard disk space, and graphics adapter to meet minimum requirements for a Windows 10 installation. Learn about additional requirements for Client Hyper-V, Miracast, Secure Boot, BitLocker, and more.
- [Instructor] If you haven't installed Windows 10 yet,…or if you're thinking about upgrading a device…that currently runs Windows 7 or higher,…you'll need to know the minimum hardware…and software requirements before you begin your upgrade.…Take a look at this list and compare it…to the hardware you plan to use…for you Windows 10 installation.…Keep in mind that these are the absolute minimums.…In order to have access to all Windows 10 features,…you must exceed these minimum requirements.…For example, if you want to install and purchase apps…from the store easily, you'll need a Microsoft account,…which is the recommended way to log on to…and use Windows 10 anyway.…
The Microsoft account also allows you…to sync your user profile,…making it a very convenient feature.…If you don't have a Microsoft account,…you can sign up for one.…To see if you're logged on with the Microsoft account,…go to Settings, and then Accounts.…You can see here that I can manage my Microsoft account…which I am logged in with,…or I can login with a local account instead.…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.