Review Group Policy vs. Mobile Device Management, including comparisons of GPO vs. Microsoft Intune.
- [Instructor] A lot of enterprises use Group Policy…with an Active Directory to manage…and control users and devices.…In more recent times there's been a large shift…towards increased mobility of the workforce.…This presents a new paradigm…of how to manage devices that are located…outside of the traditional head office environment.…For managing these scenarios…we need to use a Mobile Device Management solution.…We need to explore how to troubleshoot Group Policy…and Mobile Device Management issues…that you may encounter…especially if you combine both technologies…within the same enterprise.…
Let's first take a quick overview…of both Group Policy and Mobile Device Management…and then compare the functionality…and tools offered with each service.…Group Policy is a management tool…that allows administrators…to centrally manage settings on client PCs…that are joined to an Active Directory domain.…Once connected settings will be rolled out…to all devices in the domain…and the policy is adopted at trigger points…such as turning on the device…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.