Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting maps offline with the Maps app, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- One app that's not necessarily new to Windows 10,…but has been revamped…and is worth taking a look at…is the Maps app.…Not only can you find places, locations,…get directions with your maps,…but you can also download maps now…and have access to them offline.…So let's check it out.…We'll go down to the search field.…Click there and type in "Maps".…The best match at the very top…should be the Maps app…trusted Windows store app.…Give it a click and it will launch.…If it's your first time,…you may be prompted to say it's ok…for this app to find your location.…
And when it does,…it's going to take you to your location…and display your local map.…Now we have all of the features and functionalities…of the Maps app that we've always had.…We can zoom in and out with our buttons.…We can find specific locations if we want to.…There's a search field here as well.…But what if we want to work with Maps offline?…Well, we can't.…We need to be connected.…Unless we download Maps offline…and we can do that from this app.…We can also do it from our settings.…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.