Learn how to install the required tools for UWP and Azure development in Visual Studio 2017.
- [Narrator] Much like a builder needs the right tools…to construct a building, a developer needs…the right tools to build an app.…Let's ensure we have the right tools for the job at hand,…building a cloud-connected UWPF.…Fortunately for us, Visual Studio 2017 makes it…easy to get the right tools.…We're going to use Visual Studio 2017 to develop…the majority of our app as there are some…new tools available, specifically for UWP development.…Start at visualstudio.com to find the installer.…At the time of recording, Visual Studio 2017…is in pre-release so you may have a slightly…different experience.…
Go ahead and find the download for Visual Studio 2017…Community edition, a free fully-featured IDE…for individual developers.…This is what we'll use to build our app.…When you download and launch the bootstrapper,…you'll go ahead and click continue for…the license agreement and then you'll see install.…I already have Visual Studio 2017 installed,…so mine says modify but when I click modify,…you'll see a very similar experience to what…
- Working with .NET for UWP app development
- Establishing application architecture
- Configuring Azure services
- Configuring the mobile app service backend
- Testing and publishing the service backend
- Using Facebook authentication
- Using XAML
- Client server abstraction API
- Using the UWP community toolkit
- Styling app views
- Creating adaptive views
- Testing an app for multiple user accounts
- Publishing to the Windows Store
- Sideloading app packages
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before We Get Started
2. Build the Backend
3. Build the UWP App
4. Polish and Publish the App
Sideloading App packages2m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.