Gaze is the HoloLens replacement for your mouse. In this lesson, learn how to use it and how to develop for it.
- [Instructor] Now let's be honest,…a black screen is not very interesting to look at.…Let's change it a bit…and add something more interesting to our world.…We are back at Unity.…In Unity we can add objects to our world.…Mind you, Unity is not a modeling program,…however, you can add some objects to our world…to make it a bit more interesting.…Let's do that.…In the Hierarchy right-click on the name of your machine,…in our case it's Main,…select GameObject, select 3D Object, and select Sphere.…
This will add a Sphere to our world.…The position is pretty random.…On the right hand side in the Transform…you can see where it's located.…Let's reset this to 0, 0, 0.…And now we're going to move it a bit.…I want this Sphere to be about,…well let's say, 2 meters in front of the user.…So we're going to change the zed value to 2.…Currently the diameter is about 1 meter,…that's pretty big for a Sphere,…so we're going to minimize it to, let's say, 30 centimeters…or one foot.…
Type in .3 on all the axes.…That looks a lot better.…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.