Improve storage capacity by removing unwanted files, uninstalling programs, running Disk Cleanup, and archiving large files.
- [Instructor] When primary storage gets full,…you have two choices, get another hard drive,…which works in the long run,…but for immediate relief, consider freeing-up…some storage by removing files that occupy…large tracts of storage real estate.…Three solutions I can recommend are provided…by various Windows tools.…These include disk cleanup, removing unwanted software,…and archiving large files.…I'll start with the easy tricks first.…Press the Windows and E keyboard shortcut…to bring up a file explorer window,…and choose This PC from the navigation area.…
An over capacity drive shows a red thermometer…in its tiles view.…If so, or just to free up space on any drive,…right-click the icon and choose Properties.…In the Properties dialogue box,…click the Disk Cleanup button.…Windows scans the storage device for files…of no consequence that can easily be removed…to increase storage capacity.…Here you see the results with various…categories of files listed…and how much space will be freed.…
Not every item is checked,…
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 3s
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.