Learn how to use DiskPart to clean and format storage drives.
- View Offline
- [Teacher] In this lesson, I demonstrate how…to use the Windows DiskPart tool to clean and format…a storage drive that's not working in Windows 10.…Traditional hard drive typically found…on desktop computers and some cheaper laptops…fail sooner because they use moving parts.…The average life of a hard drive depends…on a lot of things, like the brand, the type,…the size, the interface method, but most experts agree…that you're looking at about four years on average.…SSDs, or solid-state drives, which have become…extremely popular in laptops and desktops…for their faster speeds, are different.…
Consumer SSDs actually last a very long time under normal…use, and usually come with a three- to five-year warranty.…Of course all of this is average data.…Your experiences may differ, and you may wind…up with a great drive that lasts forever or…another one that fails a few days out of the box.…If you do encounter a USB flash drive, hard drive,…or even an SD card that isn't working correctly, it could…be a simple data corruption or other software issue.…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.