Fix boot issues by rebuilding the BCD to repair the boot system.
- [Instructor] Several of the procedures…that we'll carry out in fixing boot issues…in Windows 10 will be performed…by accessing the advanced boot options.…You need to be familiar…with the advanced boot options in Windows 10.…The boot configuration data, or BCD,…contains the information used…by the boot manager to start Windows.…If, for any reason, the BCD information is missing…or corrupted, then it will need to be repaired or replaced.…BCD issues are typically caused by viruses…or power outages affecting the file.…
We have two options for solving BCD issues.…These are either…to rebuild the boot configuration data automatically…or to manually repair the boot system.…The BCD can be rebuilt in order to resolve issues relating…to Windows 10 not booting.…You'll see the Advanced Startup menu…and scan the BCD to check…for missing files using the Bootrec tool.…If the BCD does need to be rebuilt due to missing…or corrupt information, the tool will ask you…if you want to rebuild the BCD.…
Another option is to manually rename the current BCD file,…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.