- [Instructor] In this movie, I want to go through…the process of turning the computer on…and setting it up for the first time.…This movie is mostly targeted to people…who have purchased a new computer…with Windows 10 preinstalled.…This process is fairly similar to what you would see…if you upgrade a computer from Windows 7 or Windows 8…or install Windows yourself.…If you need to buy a copy of Windows to do a fresh install…or upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8,…then you should go to store.microsoft.com.…
This is where you can go to shop…for various Microsoft products.…You can go to the search field up here at the top,…search for Windows.…Then we have some information here on Windows 10.…I'll hit Shop Now,…and you'll see there are a few different varieties…of Windows 10.…Most people just buying Windows…for their own personal computer should choose Windows Home.…Windows 10 Pro has some more advanced features…and you can see there is a slight difference in price.…I'm not going to go through the installation process here…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.