Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding and running Internet Explorer, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- When it comes to browsing the web here in Windows 10,…Microsoft Edge is the new default browser.…Now, it's way more powerful than Internet Explorer ever was.…and it's recommended that developers use it going forward.…However, there may be times when you need Internet Explorer.…Maybe you have older apps in your organization…that require Internet Explorer,…not yet compatible with Edge.…Well, in that case, you can still find Internet Explorer…and make it easily accessible.…That's what we're going to do right now.…
We'll just go down into the search field down here…on the Taskbar in the bottom left corner…and start to type in Internet Explorer.…You'll see it up at the top.…Now, the desktop app here is not found…when you go to All Apps.…It's kind of hiding, so this is the only way to find it,…but to make it more easily accessible going forward,…just right-click up here.…And, as you can see, we can pin it to Start…or even to our Taskbar.…I'm going to choose Pin to Taskbar,…and it shows up down below.…I'm going to right-click again and also pin it…
- Describe how to customize your startup environment.
- Explain how to run multiple virtual desktops.
- Recall how to print and save files to PDF.
- Cite the method for cutting and pasting in command prompt.
- Explain what God Mode is.
- Describe how to choose a target folder for File Explorer.
- Summarize how to use the new calculator feature.
- Recall how to edit photos in the Photos app.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.