Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Sense HAT, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Instructor] To build Weatherware, we chose the…Raspberry Pi Sense HAT as a combination of…Sensors and Effectors prepackaged into an add-on board,…to allow us to focus on the Windows 10 development process,…not on the hardware building process within this course.…The Sense HAT is an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi,…that was originally made especially for the…Astro Pi mission and launched to the…International Space Station in December, 2015.…Now, you can buy the Sense HAT to put into your projects.…The Sense HAT has an 8 by 8 RGB LED matrix,…a five button joystick,…and a gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer,…temperature, pressure and humidity sensors.…
Here's what the Sense HAT looks like.…So let's take a little bit more…detailed look at the Raspberry Pi.…You can see that we have that 8 by 8 RGB LED array.…And then we have a five position joystick,…with an Enter button; you push directly down…on the joystick.…The accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer.…The temperature and humidity sensor.…The air pressure sensor.…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.