View and modify the startup options in Windows 10 by using Task Manager, and explore the Sysinternals Autoruns utility.
- [Narrator] Whenever you switch on your PC,…there will be certain programs…that are started as soon as you login.…Having some of these apps ready to use once the PC is booted…can be beneficial; however, many app vendors…now use this functionality to load their non-essential apps.…Perhaps they need their latest…updating widget or other tools loading.…With many apps loading at startup,…this can slow down the boot process.…The majority of your users will be completely unaware…what's causing the long boot times, and over time,…their device will just get slower and slower.…
We can view and modify the startup options…in Windows 10 by using the task manager.…Let's drop onto a demo PC and take a quick look…how to view and modify the startup behavior…of startup programs in Windows 10.…First, I'll launch task manager.…On the startup tab, we can view a list…of the programs that our system will…automatically start during the boot process.…Windows 10 records the impact that each app has…on the startup process, and this is shown…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.