Explore and implement Insider Preview. As a Windows Insider, shape the future of Windows by being part of the Windows beta programs, with access to early releases of Windows. Explore other servicing options including Current Branch (CB) and Current Branch for Business (CBB). Explore Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) scenarios.
- [Instructor] If you'd like to have access…to the next generation of Windows operating systems…before they're released to the public,…you can opt in to Insider Preview.…When you do, you'll get access…to updated builds of windows and can test…the product and provide feedback to Microsoft.…To opt in, click start, click settings,…and click update and security.…Notice the option here in the bottom left.…Windows Insider Program.…Click it to get started.…I'll click get started, and notice what it says.…
Understand that you'll be opting in…to try out pre-release software…that might not be fully tested,…which means that the OS might not be stable…and it might have bugs.…It will also change often as features are added and removed.…As it says here, make sure you aren't going…to opt into Insider Preview on a computer…that you depend on every day.…If you want to try it out, though, click next.…When you're ready, click confirm.…If you'd like to learn more about the Insider program…before clicking confirm, visit insider.windows.com.…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.