In the Creators Update, the organization of the Settings tool has changed. Explore that next organization, talk about new categories in settings, and then look at an important change to the Bluetooth device pairing process.
- [Instructor] It seems like any significant…operating system update comes with changes…to the settings, and Creators update is no exception.…So I'd like to go through the changes…to how the settings are organized,…and as we go, I specifically want to look…at a change to the Bluetooth pairing process.…So I need to open up Settings.…I'll go into the Start menu, find this gear button,…click on that and it opens up Settings.…Back in the Anniversary update version…of Windows 10, there were nine categories in Settings.…Now you can see there are 11.…
This Gaming category is new.…We're not going to be getting into Gaming features…in this course, but if you are interested,…there are some great new features…in the Creators update for recording…and broadcasting gaming sessions,…optimizing performance for games, and more,…and you can adjust settings related…to those features in this category.…The other new category is Apps,…and there really isn't much new here.…Basically they took a lot of controls…that were in the System category…
- Using Live Folders and hiding the apps list in the Start menu
- Exploring changes in settings
- Using Dynamic Lock to automatically lock a computer
- Using Windows Defender and other troubleshooting tools
- Creating 3D objects in Paint 3D
- Downloading 3D components from Remix 3D
- Managing tabs and reading books in Edge
- Measuring hand-drawn routes in Maps
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to use the Focused Inbox and @mentions in Mail.