Explore the sample Fourth Coffee app and how to get a copy from GitHub. Then see how the app adapts to working on a desktop computer.
- [Instructor] For the demonstration of responsive…app design, in this chapter I'm using a sample…application create by Microsoft.…It's part of a suite of demo apps that showcase…Universal Windows app development on Xbox One.…Here is the GitHub repository, where you can…get a copy of the solution files.…You'll find a copy of these apps here in the apps folder.…I encourage you to try them oa your leisure, there are…some interesting concepts demonstrated in these samples.…The demonstration I'm using in this chapter is the News app.…
I've made a copy of the solution and…added it to your exercise files.…I found a few bugs in the Microsoft code,…the most annoying was the bug that caused the phone app…to close when navigating back to previous pages.…This version here in the exercise files folder…contains the bug fixes.…I've also swapped out some of the assets in the project.…I want to be clear and set your expectations,…I'm not showing the code from this News project…during this chapter, instead I am focusing on the UI design…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.