Launch the Event Viewer console in various ways, including in a Microsoft Management console and from the Run dialog box. Analyze the results offered by the various logs by browsing through the categories of severity: Information, Error, Warning, Critical, and Verbose.
- [Teacher] Event Viewer is available in all additions…of Windows 10, and offers a filterable list of…the history of errors your machine has encountered.…Generally, I end up here when I'm troubleshooting a problem…that I haven't been able to resolve through other means,…such as running a troubleshooter available in Control Panel…or viewing the running processes in Task Manager.…Although there are many other…reasons to visit this application.…You can open Event Viewer from a Run dialog box…or from the taskbar by typing Eventvwr.msc.…
It's also available by right-clicking the Start button,…and you can access it from Administrative Tools.…I like to right-click the Start button…and click Event Viewer in the results.…Event Viewer has three panes that you can adjust.…There are also lots of logs to view.…I'll expand Windows Logs to show you.…Notice there are five: Application, Security,…Setup, System, and Forwarded Events.…Application logs house events that are…generated by applications, apps from the…Windows store, and even system services.…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.