Keyboard shortcuts are not just for the pros. Learning keyboard shortcuts can help you better navigate your computer and make navigating your computer easier and more productive. You will learn several important and commonly used keyboard shortcuts found in the Windows 10 platform as well as how to create custom keyboard shortcuts.
- [Narrator] Why use keyboard shortcuts?…Using keyboard shortcuts are useful for all populations now,…including those who have trouble reading icons,…those who want a smoother workflow…and anyone who's familiar…or wants to be familiar with the keyboard.…If you are new to keyboard shortcuts…and it feels awkward at first, don't worry, that's normal.…But if you give it a try and force yourself to use them…the first few times, you'll see it only gets easier…and chances are, you will prefer them.…Note, I've created an exercise file that you can download…called, Glossary of Keyboard Shortcuts.…In this video, we are going to cover some of them in action.…
Let's start with the Windows key.…This is where a great deal of the new…Windows 10 shortcuts begin.…As we have discovered in the movie,…Search Using the Start Menu,…the Windows key by itself will open up the start menu,…which takes you to the first part…of searching the computer, for example.…If we add Windows plus tab, you recall,…we go to the task view to see all of our open programs,…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts