Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Enterprise data protection, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I introduce Enterprise Data Protection.…Over the past several decades,…the workplace has shifted from static workstations,…to dynamic work environments, where employees access…and share information across various devices.…Employees often use the same device…to access personal and corporate information,…unsecured networks using third-party applications.…They store both enterprise data, and personal data…on the same device, and mix the use of…company apps, or company-approved apps,…with personal apps downloaded for their own use…and entertainment.…
All this has increased the risk of security breaches,…or accidental data disclosure.…To protect enterprise data against unintended…or malicious use, Windows 10 introduced…a new model for data security, Enterprise Data Protection,…or just EDP.…The goal of EDP is to manage data and apps securely,…without spoiling the user experience for employees.…EDP is built right into Windows 10,…and is administered using enterprise management tool,…such as this one here, Windows Intune,…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.