In this video, author Brian Culp discusses two additional Remote Desktop connection features that are supported by Windows 10. The first of these is called BranchCache, which reduces bandwidth consumed over a WAN connection by caching data that is frequently accessed between two or more company sites. The other is called DirectAccess, which allows secure remote access to corporate resources whenever the user has Internet access.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] I'd like to spend just a moment in this lesson…talking about a couple of enterprise…remote connection technologies that are available.…Now, they're unlikely to be the subject of a test question,…but I wanted to cover them here because these technologies…are supported by Windows 10,…and they could be used in an enterprise environment,…so they may be fair game for the 697.…With that said, the site recognition grasp…of these items should be sufficient.…
The first of these technologies is called BranchCache.…It is a technology that doesn't…facilitate a remote connection…so much as it reduces the bandwidth consumed…over a wide area network connection…and it does this by caching data…that's frequently accessed…between two or more company sites.…So think here of a WAN connection…between a main office and a branch office…and that WAN connection…may only be accessible with a slower…ISDN or a dial-up connection,…if that is still in existence.…
So the data is cached locally,…rather than retrieved over the slower network connection.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to manage remote access in Windows 10—and prepare for the Manage Remote Access domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices. Brian Culp shows how to create and enable a VPN connection, configure Remote Desktop, establish mobility policies, create and deploy workspaces, and configure offline storage and file syncing. Plus, learn how connect to printers and displays using Wi-Fi Direct.
Review the learning objectives for the Manage Remote Access domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Creating and enabling a VPN connection
- Using Wi-Fi Sense
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Troubleshooting with Remote Desktop
- Configuring power policies and mobility options
- Creating workspaces with Windows To Go and PowerShell
- Configuring offline files and file policies
- Adjusting sync options
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Direct devices