Get an overview of Enterprise Mobility + Security.
- [Instructor] Enterprise mobility and security or EMS within Microsoft 365 Business includes mobile device management and security protection. The functionality provided by EMS includes protection from unsafe attachments, web links, and malware via email attachment scanning and link checking, information protection policies which safeguard data from accidental leakage, and this can be extended to mobile devices through device controls and management policies.
You also get industry standard compliance and archiving functionality. Microsoft 365 provides best in class malware protection. All attachments and web links contained within emails are automatically scanned for malicious payloads, and all managed devices are further protected with Windows Defender, which protects computers against viruses, malware, spyware, and ransomware. Information protection helps control and manage how data is accessed and shared.
For example, app protection policies for office mobile apps enforce security and set rules for accessing, storing, and sharing of data on devices and online. You can use data loss prevention policies to identify and protect sensitive data, for example, credit card information, to further protect data from accidental leakage or theft. To protect mobile devices used within your organization, you can enroll and manage devices from many platforms, including Windows, Android, and iOS, into Microsoft Intune.
Once enrolled, you can configure compliance and configuration policies to set requirements on how your devices can be used. For example, you can prevent copy and paste functionality on mobile devices when they access sensitive corporate information. And if a device is lost or stolen, all corporate data can be wiped from the device to prevent data loss. Most of the device functionality features can be accessed through the Microsoft 365 business admin console. You can also use the Microsoft Intune portal to access all Intune management features if you need to fine-tune your requirements.
Many businesses are subject to regulatory requirements such as HIPAA and GDPR, and they must manage their data in full compliance of these regulations. Enterprise mobility and security and data privacy within the Office 365 suite provides archiving and data preservation functionality to help you meet these obligations.
- Why use Microsoft 365?
- Configuring Microsoft 365
- Managing users, groups, and product licenses
- Managing devices
- Device configuration policies and app protection policies
- Wiping data off lost devices
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Managing user and data security
- Leveraging business productivity and collaboration tools