Learn how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
- In this video, I want to show you how to use BitLocker…to encrypt the system drive on a Windows 10 PC.…So, what we're going to do is right click…on the Start button and choose the Control Panel command.…When the Control Panel opens, we're going to go to…System and Security, and then I'm going to click…on BitLocker Drive Encryption.…Right now, you can see that BitLocker is turned off…and we have a link right here…to turn BitLocker on for the C: Drive.…Now it takes just a second to check the PC's configuration…and now we're prompted to choose how we want…to unlock our drive at startup.…
We have two different options.…We can use a USB flash drive as a key…to unlock the drive or we can use a password.…For this video, I'm going to go with the password option,…but in real life, you would use whichever one…makes the most sense for you.…So now I'm prompted to specify a password…and I'll have to re-enter that password.…And next I'll click Next…and now I'm prompted to back up my recovery key.…And we have a few different options…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.