This video demonstrates how to encrypt volumes using BitLocker.
- [Instructor] Let me now demonstrate…how to encrypt a removable drive…using BitLocker To Go.…Go ahead and open up the BitLocker manager,…and here in the manager…notice that all of your drives…attached to your system will be displayed.…If you have any removable drives,…it will mention here BitLocker To Go.…Which is very similar to the BitLocker drive encryption…that I demoed in the previous movie.…There are a few differences,…so let me go ahead and demo that now.…So just simply click on turn on BitLocker,…next to the removable drive you want to encrypt.…
It will initialize the drive.…Just be sure not to remove the drive during this process.…Add a pass code to unlock the drive.…Enter it in again to make sure you have it correctly.…Could also use the smart card…to unlock the drive if you wish.…Click next.…Now choose how you want to back up your recovery key.…This is if you forget your password…or you lose your smart card.…You can then use a recovery key to access the drive.…Microsoft recommends that you do at least two of these,…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.