Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Encrypt data using BitLocker, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson I turn our attention to securing your data…using the BitLocker Drive Encryption system.…BitLocker is Microsoft's proprietary…encryption program for Windows…that can encrypt your entire drive,…as well as help you protect against…unauthorized changes to your system,…such as firmware level malware.…Anyone trying to access the information on a encrypted drive…will be presented with a password screen.…No password, no decryption, no access to the data.…To get BitLocker running, click on the Windows icon…in the lower left-hand corner.…
In the search box, simply type BitLocker,…and that'll bring up the Manage BitLocker control panel…as the first option.…Click on that and then you're presented…here with the BitLocker Drive Encryption dialogue.…Windows 10, notice, also includes BitLocker To Go…down here at the bottom of the dialogue.…This is a disk encryption feature for…removable drives like USB flash drives.…Even if you lose your drive, or leave it behind,…it cannot be opened unless you have the password.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.