Learn how to enable and configure a USB flash drive to act as a BitLocker startup key.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you how to use…a USB flash drive as a startup key…for a BitLocker encrypted machine.…So, right now, I'm on a Windows 10 desktop, and this machine…is already BitLocker encrypted, using TPM.…So let's take a look at that.…I'm going to right-click on the start button…and go to Control Panel, system and security,…and then I'm going to go to BitLocker Drive Encryption.…And right now, we can see that BitLocker is turned on…for the C drive, so this drive is being BitLocker encrypted…using only TPM, so if we want to add a second factor…of authentication and use a USB flash drive…as a startup key, then what we need to do is set…a group policy setting to require that.…
I'm going to go ahead and close this out, and then…I'm going to right-click on the start button,…and I'm going to go to run, and I'm going to type…gpedit.msc to access the group policy object editor.…So, this is going to bring up the local group policy…editor, and if you were in an active directory environment,…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.