In this video, author Brian Culp discusses the Virtual Private Network Reconnect feature, and how it is used to automatically reestablish a lost VPN connection without additional user input. Such input can include resubmitting authentication credentials. He also walks students through the procedure of enabling VPN Reconnect.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this lesson,…we will look at a feature called VPN Reconnect.…This is a feature that is not new to Windows 10.…In fact, it was first introduced with Windows 7,…so it's possible that you have…encountered or used this feature before.…It is covered, or it is mentioned on the 697 exam objective,…so we do want to take a moment…and make sure we touch on here.…To review, the VPN Reconnect is a feature…that will automatically reestablish…a lost VPN connection without additional user input,…such as resubmitting your authentication credentials.…
For whom might this be a good idea?…Mobile users.…It's very useful if they were over a spotty signal,…dropped cellular signal, or a Wi-Fi signal,…so it really cuts down the frustration…of having to reconnect that…VPN connection every time.…It was specifically mentioned on the 697 exam objectives.…To quickly confirm that, I pulled up…the Microsoft webpage in my browser here,…and if I scroll down to the things…that we are dealing with in this course,…manage remote access, there it is, enable VPN reconnect.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to manage remote access in Windows 10—and prepare for the Manage Remote Access domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices. Brian Culp shows how to create and enable a VPN connection, configure Remote Desktop, establish mobility policies, create and deploy workspaces, and configure offline storage and file syncing. Plus, learn how connect to printers and displays using Wi-Fi Direct.
Review the learning objectives for the Manage Remote Access domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Creating and enabling a VPN connection
- Using Wi-Fi Sense
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Troubleshooting with Remote Desktop
- Configuring power policies and mobility options
- Creating workspaces with Windows To Go and PowerShell
- Configuring offline files and file policies
- Adjusting sync options
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Direct devices