The Display settings have some small changes, including easier access to the controls for changing screen resolution. But also learn about a new display feature called Night Light, which adjusts the color of a screen at night and can help people transition to sleep after using a computer in the evening.
- [Instructor] Display settings have changed…in the Creators Update,…changing how you adjust screen resolution…and adding one entirely new feature…known as Nightlight.…So to see these options,…we're going to go into Settings,…I'm going to go to the Start menu,…to Settings,…and I need to go to the System category…and to the section labeled Display.…So here, just like in previous versions of Windows,…you can change the scaling of content on screen,…that's this menu right here.…
And you also have some options for working…with multiple displays,…if you have multiple displays connected to your computer.…Now in previous versions of Windows,…you would have to hit a button for Advanced Settings…on this screen,…before you could change the screen resolution.…But now that's all here on the Display Settings page…without needing to click into another subsection.…So if you need to change the screen resolution,…you can do that right here.…So that's one thing you'll find here.…A more simplified list of settings…and easier access to change your screen resolution.…
- Using Live Folders and hiding the apps list in the Start menu
- Exploring changes in settings
- Using Dynamic Lock to automatically lock a computer
- Using Windows Defender and other troubleshooting tools
- Creating 3D objects in Paint 3D
- Downloading 3D components from Remix 3D
- Managing tabs and reading books in Edge
- Measuring hand-drawn routes in Maps
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to use the Focused Inbox and @mentions in Mail.