Learn how to modify a Hyper-V virtual hard disk.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to edit a virtual hard disk in Hyper-V.…You can see that we have a Windows 10 virtual machine…that we attached a new virtual hard disk to…in the previous video.…Now, I want to make some changes to that virtual hard disk.…If we look over in the actions pane,…you can see that we have an option called Edit Disk,…so I'm going to click on Edit Disk, and that's going to…bring up the Edit Virtual Hard Disk Wizard.…I'm going to go ahead and click next to bypass…the Before You Begin screen, and that's going to…take us to the Locate Disk screen.…
What we have to do now is locate…the virtual hard disk that we want to edit.…I'm going to click browse, and here's the virtual hard disk…that we created in the last video.…I'll go ahead and click open and then click next.…Now, we're prompted to choose the action…that we want to perform on the virtual hard disk.…Now, one thing that I need to be sure and point out here…is that the actions that you see on this list…are going to vary depending on whether or not…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.