For those of us who have difficulty using the computer due to hearing or visual challenges, these tools are incredibly useful and easy to configure. In this video, you will learn how to use the onscreen narrator to hear what is on the screen as well as the Magnifier to increase the size of onscreen objects in effective and easy-to-manage ways.
- [Narrator] This video will cover the Ease of Access…as Narrator and Magnifer Tools.…For an overview of these functions and the other parts…of the Ease of Access Tools, watch our video…Introduction to the Ease of Access Tools.…We can get to the Ease of Access settings by clicking…on the Start Menu and choosing Settings.…From here, you will see an icon for Ease of Access…in the second row.…Let's go ahead and start with the Narrator Tools…on the left hand side.…This tool will use a computer generated voice to tell you…what is selected on the screen.…The first thing you'll wanna do is turn it on.…
As soon as I turn on the Narrator, a voice will come on.…You can choose a male or female voice from the drop down…under Choose a Voice.…For the sake of this exercise, I will go ahead…and disable the Narrator.…Scrolling down, you'll see an option…for Speed and Pitch.…Speed and Pitch allows you to change the tone…and pace at which the voices come in.…Again, I'm going to keep mine at the default.…Scrolling down, you see an option for Sounds You Hear.…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts