These tools are the ultimate in accessibility options allowing you to present an onscreen keyboard, increase the cursor size, activate Sticky Keys to help with shortcuts, and more. In this video, you will learn learn how to access and use the onscreen keyboard, change a series of keyboard options, modify cursor size, and make your mouse and keyboard easier to use.
- [Instructor] In this video we are going to discuss…how to adjust the Ease of Access Settings for…the keyboard and mouse to allow for easier…computing navigation and accessibilty.…Changing the keyboard settings will allow for easier…use of the keyboard for users with motor skill challenges…preventing common mistakes.…To change the keyboard's setting we need…to go to the Ease of Access tools.…To do so click on the Start Menu,…choose Settings and choose Ease of Access.…Next, let's choose Keyboard from the left side panel…and on the right side, you will notice,…a series of On Off switches…to activate these keyboard settings.…
The first option is to Activate the On-Screen Keyboard.…For those with touch screens this will be very useful…and possibly easier to read than your standard keyboard.…Particularly if you have changed your resolution…or contrast settings.…I will now deactivate it.…The next option is regarding keyboard shortcuts…called Sticky Keys.…This allows you to press one key at a time…rather than simultaneously.…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts