This video provides a review of typical EFS problems and approaches for solving them.
- [Instructor] In addition to EFS,…Windows 10, 8.1, Eight, and even Windows Seven…all include the BitLocker drive encryption system as well.…BitLocker is Microsoft's proprietary encryption program…for Windows that can encrypt your entire drive.…Let me discuss a little bit in this movie…how EFS differs from BitLocker.…EFS requires you to manually select the files…one by one that you want to encrypt.…BitLocker is more of a set it and forget it system.…It encrypts an entire partition,…such as your Windows system partition, another partition,…or an internal drive, or even a partition…of a USB flash drive or other external media.…
It's possible to encrypt select files with BitLocker…by creating an encrypted container file.…However, this container file is essentially…a virtual disk image and BitLocker works by treating it…as a drive and then encrypting the entire thing.…BitLocker is only available with the Professional…and Enterprise editions of Windows,…so if you have Windows Home and you're looking for BitLocker…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.