In the Maps application, you can get directions and measure distances by drawing directly on the map. This video shows how to use Windows Ink features on a touch-enabled computer to check distances or get quick directions.
- [Instructor] In the Maps application … that comes bundled with Windows, … you can use drawing tools to measure distances … and get directions. … Find the location you're interested in on the map, … click the Ink button to open the Ink toolbar, … and choose the Measure Distance option. … Then draw a line from one location to another. … This will show the direct distance between the two points. … You can also draw along a path … to get a more accurate measurement for your preferred route. … To clear your lines, click the Eraser button, … open the Menu, and choose Erase all Ink. … To get driving directions generated by the application, … choose the Directions option. … Then draw another straight line from the start point … to the end point. … The application will show driving directions … and the total distance. … Click one of the options for directions to see the steps. … You can choose between driving directions, … transit directions, … and walking directions. … …
- Using multiple workspaces
- Increasing contrast and inverting colors
- Modifying the taskbar
- Managing files
- Removing preloaded apps and tiles
- Disabling notifications for specific apps
- Drawing a route in Maps
- Adjusting system settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Interface Tips
2. Modify the Taskbar
Hide the taskbar33s
3. File Management Tips
Zip and unzip files1m 23s
4. Working with Apps
5. System Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.