At some point, you will likely download files from the web. You will need to know where your downloaded files are store, how to monitor download progress, and how to maintain your download history to protect your privacy.
- [Instructor] Eventually, you will probably need…to download a file from a webpage.…A link on a webpage can go to a downloadable file…just as easily as it can go to another page.…So clearly, if I click on one of the links on this page…it will probably take me to another page.…I say probably because it does not always work that way.…It's time to start paying attention…to an important little detail.…I'm going to click on the back button…to go back to that previous page,…and this time instead of clicking on that link…I'm just going to point at it.…And I want you to look in the…bottom left corner of the edge window.…
There's a little flag with a website address,…and that only appears when I'm pointing at a link.…So, that shows me the actual address…that this particular link goes to.…Now, this link ends in .htm, those three letters…are called the extension, and if you see a link…that ends in .htm, or .html, that means for sure,…it's going to link to a webpage.…But, let's look at something different.…I'm going to jump over to this page…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Using Cortana
- Sharing data between devices
- Backing up Windows 10
- Protecting your computer from viruses
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 5s
11. Share Data Between Devices
12. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.