At some point, you likely download files from the web. You need to know where your downloaded files are stored, how to monitor download progress, and how to maintain your download history to protect your privacy.
- [Instructor] Eventually, you will probably need to…download a file from a webpage.…A link on a webpage can go to a downloadable file just as…easily as it can go to another page.…Now clearly if I click on one of the links here…on this page, it will probably take me to another page.…I say probably because it does not always work that way.…It's time to start paying attention to an important…little detail, so let me go back.…I'll just hit the back button in the top left,…and this time, I want to point at one of these links.…I'm not going to click on it, I just want to point at it,…and while I'm pointing at it, you see this little flag…appears in the bottom left corner.…
That flag shows me the actual address that this…link goes to.…Now this particular link ends in .htm.…Those three letters are called the extension,…and if you see a link that ends in .htm or .html,…that means for sure it's going to link to a webpage.…Now, let's look at something else.…I'm going to flip over to this other tab that I already…have open and there are lots of links here.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.