Because Windows 10 requires you to perform a clean installation of the operating system when upgrading from Windows XP, you will need to reinstall software programs you want to keep in Windows 10. In this movie, you will know how find installed programs and log program names, product keys, and serial numbers for reinstallation after upgrading to Windows 10.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] If you have determined…your computer will meet the system requirements…for an upgrade to Windows 10,…there are some things you'll need to do before…you begin the actual upgrade process.…So in this chapter we're going to tackle…pre-installation tasks you may need to consider,…and we're going to begin with your software programs.…Maybe you have programs installed here in Windows XP…that you need to have in Windows 10.…Maybe it's Microsoft Office or maybe you have…some stand-alone programs that you'll…want to install in Windows 10.…Remember, Windows 10 is going to…wipe our drive clean so we have a clean installation…of Windows 10 in the end.…
We won't have our programs, we'll need to reinstall them,…and that could require some documentation.…What I like to do is go down to the start button,…give it a click, and go to All Programs.…This is gonna list everything that's…installed on your computer,…including things that come with Windows, like Accessories.…You won't need to worry about those.…You'll be able to get those in Windows 10,…
Note: Windows 10 is not a free upgrade for XP users. You will need to purchase Windows 10 before proceeding with the migration.
- Getting a Microsoft account
- Backing up files on Windows XP
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Customizing Windows 10 settings
- Restoring files and folders