Discover how to access and use cloud storage, integrate cloud storage into local storage, synchronize files across several devices, and share online files and folders with others.
- [Instructor] Cloud storage is a poetic term…for using the Internet to store and synchronize files.…Those files can be accessed across multiple devices…and shared with others.…Cloud storage is an elegant solution to many problems,…especially for people who work together…or individuals who work at multiple locations…and on several devices.…Many cloud storage services are available.…And, in this movie, I cover a few of the more popular ones,…how they're integrated with local storage,…and how they work to synchronize…and share files and folders.…
To use cloud storage, you must sign up for a service.…Generally speaking, the services offer…a few gigabytes of free storage…with more storage available for a monthly subscription.…Microsoft offers OneDrive, which is part of Office 365,…but available to anyone.…The service integrates well with Windows.…Google has Google Drive, which is integrated…with Google Docs, a cloud-based productivity suite.…The Dropbox service is also popular.…And, if you subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall which tab to select to see additional details about files and folders.
- Determine the hierarchy of folders.
- Explain how to create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Summarize the steps taken to add files from a folder to the Documents library.
- Recognize the benefits of file compression.
- List three common storage device formats.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understand File Basics
2. Organize Projects
3. Control Mass Storage
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.