Smart tiles are shortcuts in the start menu to launch applications. But many of these tiles have animations or quick information that can be displayed without opening the application. Smart tiles can be very useful, but they can also be distracting. This video shows how to disable start tiles to minimize distractions.
- [Instructor] Smart Tiles are shortcut tiles … in the Start menu that are animated, … or show preview content from an application. … Some people find these animated tiles to be distracting. … Right-click on a live tile, … go to More, then choose Turn Live Tile off. … The tile will continue to work as a shortcut … to launch the application, … but the distracting animation will be gone. … …
- Using multiple workspaces
- Increasing contrast and inverting colors
- Modifying the taskbar
- Managing files
- Removing preloaded apps and tiles
- Disabling notifications for specific apps
- Drawing a route in Maps
- Adjusting system settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Interface Tips
2. Modify the Taskbar
Hide the taskbar33s
3. File Management Tips
Zip and unzip files1m 23s
4. Working with Apps
5. System Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.