Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Device provisioning, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Instructor] One of the things you may…want to think about, is device provisioning.…How do you create a unique identification…for that, particular device?…The names we've been giving are network names,…they're not unique names.…So, you may want to know, exactly,…which individual piece of hardware.…That may mean that you need to use that…security chip I was talkin' about before,…or find some way of provisioning your device…during the manufacturing and install process,…so there's a unique serial number.…As you saw, we can use Wi-Fi, but you obviously…don't want your end users doing that kind…of Wi-Fi configuration.…
So, you'll probably end up having to create…a companion app…that may connect to your device via Wi-Fi,…maybe you'll have a web server in there,…that will allow you to, then, supply…the Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi credentials…for your IoT device, so that it can hook…up to the Wi-Fi.…You've seen this, probably, if you have a…Google Home, or Amazon Alexa, or Nest,…there's got to be a way in which you can…tell the device which Wi-Fi to hook up to.…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.