Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Design and implement UX, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Instructor] The first thing we're going to do…is design and implement some test infrastructure,…a user experience that will allow us to see things…on the screen, as we saw during the demo,…and a way of writing log files.…So we're going to start out by creating a new project,…we're going to open the MainPage.xaml…and create some controls, and then we're going to…use an IO library that's available as free open source…on GitHub that I wrote called IO Recipes.…It simplifies accessing Windows OWP file mechanism,…and we're going to use that to be able to create a log file…and then write entries to the log file as we go.…
One of the things you'll find as you start…to develop things for the Internet of Things is…that more and more as you get closer and closer…to production, especially through application…as a headless app, you're going to depend on those…log files to detect what happened, should your app happen…to crash while running in the field.…And, conversely, you could also write things…to the log files that can give you statistical data…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.