Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Design data feed (WU), part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Instructor] It's time to put a little weather…into WeatherWare.…One of the easiest API's I've found to use…for gathering weather data is something called…Weather Underground.…As you can see here at wunderground.com/weather/api…you can get JSON or XML formatted data,…you've got great monitoring tools.…You've got all kinds of geolocation.…So we'll just go ahead here and click pricing.…For what we need we simply need the Stratus Plan…in order to get the current conditions,…and then down here you can see…that there's a free Developer tier.…
Zero dollars, 500 calls a day, 10 calls per minute.…More than adequate for us because we're going…to go ahead and check out the Weather Underground call…basically once a day.…So no problem with that.…So let's go ahead and purchase a key.…I'll put in an email address here…and create a new password and agree to the terms…of the service and Sign up for free.…Now it's asking me if I want to have…all these kinds of things.…I'm going to go ahead and just click here.…
Now we're all setup and we're signed in.…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Intermediate
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.