Learn how to set up Windows to Go
- [Instructor] In this video,…I want to show you how to install Windows To Go.…Windows To Go allows you…to take a fully provisioned corporate desktop…and put it on a USB flash drive,…so that way you've got a portable copy of Windows…that you can use on any PC that's able…to boot from a USB flash drive.…Now before we get started,…there are a few things that you need to know.…First of all, the flash drive that you use…has to be certified to work with Windows To Go.…Second, that flash drive has to have…at least 28 gigabytes of free space.…And third, anything that might currently exist…on that flash drive will be erased…as a part of the provisioning process.…
So with that said, let's go ahead and get started.…Now there is one thing that you're going to need…in addition to the flash drive.…You're going to need a copy…of the Windows 10 Enterprise edition installation media.…And it does have to be Enterprise edition.…Other editions won't work.…So I'm going to open up File Explorer,…and go to this PC and go into my C drive.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.