If you do not have access to a HoloLens device, you still can develop and test using the emulator. In this lesson, receive an introduction to that emulator and learn how to use it.
- [Instructor] We have loaded up HelloHoloWorld…solution file.…We've set our platform to be x86,…and we've specified the target to be…the HoloLens Emulator.…Now if I click this button, it will start to do a build…and deploy to the emulator.…Since this is the first time that we're going to do this,…we have to be sure that everything works as planned.…So we're going to do a manual build first.…Click Build,…Build Solution.…It will restore all the NuGet packages,…and then it will start to do a build.…
As you can see, it has finished building all the three…projects, as it says here at the bottom of the screen…in the output window.…Three succeeded, zero failed, zero up to date, zero skipped.…So we're good to go.…When we click this HoloLens Emulator button,…it will start up the emulator, and it will deploy it.…So let's click it and see what happens.…It says that it started the deploy,…but before we can do this,…look at this question.…The code will make some changes to the emulator,…and it can only be done if we are part of…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.